:To The Moon Alice: Nov 2010










To The Moon Alice
Nov 2010























I'm Back From Paradise



Hi Everyone!!! Did you miss me? Well I'm back from my mini vacation. Back in body.. but not in spirit!! and almost back in the blogging saddle, but considering last night was a full moon I thought I'd just sneak in November Moon post.


November's moon 'almost' comes to you from Noosa on Queensland's Sunshine Coast... Ironic ... as it rained most of the week, however that did not distract from the beauty of Noosa's coastlines, the relaxation of her riverside walks and the dramatic night skies lit by a naughty naughty November moon. So here she is hiding behind the clouds and palm trees. It felt like old times hanging off the balcony in the pouring rain trying to catch a shot of her beauty. She was sneaky and hesitant and kept her veil tightly drawn... but her light and presence could still be felt. She saved the best for last.. On descent into Sydney airport we flew over Sydney Harbour ... alit by a brilliant full moon. It was a magical fairytale sighting. The tight cluster of city skycrapers dwarfed by my arial view gave the impression of a table centre piece shimmering white and silver, the Harbour Bridge a twinkling candelabra and the outstretched city .. an embroidery of silver lace, threaded with golden ribbons of highways and thoroughfares. And the masterpiece a chandelier moon glowing above!!!


I tried to get you photos.. Truly!!! But all I could capture was the reflection from the window.. So I'll leave it to your imagination... The city of Sydney and her beautiful harbour,...a magical fairy tale of gold and silver. A more beautiful sight I can barely recall !!! It almost made up for having to leave Noosa behind.



I hope you have all had a wonderful week whilst I was missing
Will catch up with you soon .. after a few zzzzzz's




Moon Notes
The Moon Was Full: Monday 22 November, 3:29am [Sydney Time]
Moon Names: White Moon, Beaver Moon, Trading Moon




Julie b





IMAGE SOURCE:
Text, Photography & Altered Image Artwork by [Being Ruby©]
Location: Noosa Heads, Queensland


31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie.
This first picture is just GORGIOUS. I love it.
Have a nice day.

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

Welcome back! Sounds divine. Love these tropical moon shots xox

Patyclau said...

Nice to have you back again!!! "very nice your moon".

Hugs

desde my ventana said...

Hello Julie,
Yes,we have missed you and your stunning images,
Welcome to daily life,
Hugs,
Cecilia

Blondie's Journal said...

Welcome home, Julie. Your pictures are stunning as always! It sounds like you had a wonderful time on your trip! I could use one in about 2 weeks...just when the hustle, bustle and stress of Christmas starts! lol! How are your plans coming along? Will you be traveling for the holidays?

Have a happy week! :-)

XO,
Jane

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Welcome home dear Julie. Hope you're well rested and ready to show us loads of great new pictures! That first picture is amazing, looks like a 1940 Hollywood studio shot!
Sharon
xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW. Julie, you have an eye for beauty that sees things BEFORE anyone else does and now THAT, is an artist!

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK! Anita

rjerdee said...

Wow, you're BACK! and with beautiful moonshots! Sometimes we November's beaver moon Frosty Moon. He's been good to us here in Florida.

And, yes, we missed you!!! Glad you're back and looking forward to hearing about your mini-trip...loved your description of the view over Sydney--magical.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Welcome home Julie! Glad you had a rest and good holiday. Your photos are hauntingly beautiful! Get a good sleep now!
Take care, Laura

Sweet Audrey said...

Welcome back, Julie!!! :D I've missed you and your amazing photographs. I love them!!!

Kisses

Giulia said...

Dear Julie--

Yes, we missed you--what a question!

Those pix are gorgeous, the first esp. breathtakingly so. Beautiful description of the tablescape & the moon as chandelier.

I'm so glad that you were able to get away...& though it rained, I'm with you on the sea & rain. Or sun. Or snow. (Well, snow here at the sea.) Doesn't matter, it's still the sea.

Welcome "back" (to blog world), Madame J.

xoxo from little Julie & me

Splendid Sass said...

Yes we missed you!. Welcome back! These images are beautiful. The last image is breathtaking, Julie.
Have a wondergul day.
Teresa

Jeanne Henriques said...

Perfect Julie..a full moon over anywhere in Australia seen thru your eyes is always spectacular. I have been keeping an eye out for the full moon and waiting....for your post to appear on my blog roll...voila, it's here!

Big smile....

Jeanne xxx

La Dolfina said...

Wow!!!
Thanks for sharing such beauty!
Welcome back :)
Love,
Terri

Stephanie said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! What lovely images! I hope you had a wonderful trip! Missed you!!

Drawn to The Sea said...

Sometimes feeling the moon is just as wonderful as seeing it, yes? I had a magical sighting too... involving an airplane, but in a different way.

Welcome back, lovely :-)

Ella said...

Gorgeous the sea and the moon lull me!~ Nothing like their gravitational pull!

Love your pics and the allure of your words~
xXx

Carole said...

Welcome back!!! I had clicked on your site and then had to rush off and two hours later here I am finally commenting. Tis the season so I guess I have to get used to it.

The moons been incredible here too but as usual I don't even attempt to capture on camera. Who needs to when I have you doing such a super job!
xx
C

Beach House Living said...

Nice to see you! Hope you had a good time and I do look forward to more photos.

Brabourne Farm said...

Welcome home! You've started something with these gorgeous posts - I looked out at the full moon the other night and thought "I wonder has Julie photographed it?". Leigh

Angie Muresan said...

Glad to hear you got back safe and sound. I'm so pleased to know you had a wonderful time. Love and hugs to you.

Beatnheart said...

Darling Julie, I cannot look at a full moon now without thinking of you and your magical photographs! Stunning....

Sue said...

I am so glad you had a good time. You deserved a vacation! I love the palm in black and white...elegant! Welcome back!

simon said...

Welcome back! :O)

Bonheur maison said...

Hola Julie,Bienvenida!!!.veo que todos te hemos extrañado.
Tuvimos una luna hermosa aquí estos días y te recordé.Intenté hacer unas fotos pero no me atrevo a mostrarlas tal vez el próximo mes....
Un gran saludo.Marina.

Sahildeki Ev said...

Welcome back Julie,
amazing photos as always now waiting for your vacation's..

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest Julie, to have the brains, the beauty and the FLAIR of YOU!!!! I can see that your art and eye for art comes from a deep well of knowledge AND an innate tendency to analyze....how wonderful. I have learned to be more analytical being married to a Ph.D that could have been one of the most feared prosecutors to ever hit the courts! I swear! My husband has your gifts...he is extremely logically minded but with a sense of humor, wit and artistic flair....how is that possible!!!

THANK YOU DEAR FRIEND for your kind comments and your world is so beautiful as you share your vision of life through your lens of many colors, shapes and dimensions!

Have a wonderful Australian summer day as we prepare our Thanksgiving meals to reflect, FUEL UP on turkey and just hang around and relax!

Bises, Anita

Shellbelle said...

A Candelabra Bridge and a Chandelier Moon…honey, this is why I love you so! You don't even have to post a pic to bring such fabulous imagery to my mind,

BUT, I can't wait to SEA your photos of Queensland and I am so happy to read that you had the chance to getaway to the shore. Life doesn't get any better. I'm also curious to learn if you got to meet up with someone from our blogging world. How fun!

Big hugs to you!

Design Elements said...

glad you have a dream time :-) Wonderful images!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Top photo is stunning! Can a moon lit night be more beautiful!!!!???

debra @ 5th and state said...

yes julie, missed you indeed!

but you are back with a punch, a punch of magic....sigh
debra