:Come Fly With Me! [Sydney to Sunshine Coast]







Hello Sunshine Coast























Following on from my last post... these gorgeous views are what greeted me upon descent into The Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. Every bit the beauty I had imagined I would find. One sees images like these in the travel ads and just hopes the reality will live up to the hype.. Sadly I was a bit disappointed in Mooloolaba.. [where my travels plans were taking me: next post]... but... I remedied that error and move onto prettier and more relaxing vistas worthy of my daydreams...

Seeing I'm posting in such quick succession here.. I've left Part I 'Leaving Sydney' at the end of this post for those that may have missed it... I'm sure it would have been smarter to do that in the first place.. but I felt these views above deserved a first billing..




The captain and crew of Ruby Airlines thank you for flying with us today
We trust it has been a pleasant flight ... Next Stop: Mooloolaba
For Images of our ascent out of Sydney.. please see below




Julie b



IMAGE SOURCE:
Text, Photography & Altered Image Artwork by [Being Ruby©]
Location: : 1-7: Aerial views of descent into The Sunshine Coast, QLD



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







Come Fly With Me! [Leaving Sydney]








Goodbye Sydney








[1: Harbour Bridge, 2: Opera House, 3: Centerpoint Tower, 4: Australia Square, 5: Botanical Gardens]














Seems I had to leave Sydney to bring you the best of her... Sydney Harbour by ariel view. Although I have lived here all my life and worked in the city for the majority of that time, I never tire of looking at Sydney Harbour. I've been fortunate that at times during my career I've had magnificent harbour views from my office window... and when not, simply standing at Circular Quay platform in the evening gives the same joy. But.. it was not a train for me this day.. but a plane off to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.


I love travelling by plane.. and take off and landings bring me the same thrill a small child has flying high into the sky on their magical swings. So as the engines roar you will usually find me with nose pressed to glass in awe of the earth being left behind and the blue blue skies beckoning us forward. I almost forgot to take photos and it was with surprise that I suddenly found the city skyline below... A few quick snaps of the city and harbour and we were on our way leaving the coastline and Manly beach behind us.


Of course flying gets a little boring then with nothing but clouds and occasional glimpses of sea below... but this was a short flight and It wasn't long before a new coastline greeted me... again.. a quick grab for the camera and a few moments mesmerized by the swirling blues and greens popping out from the beneath the clouds... then... time for descent.. and some too short glimpses of the beautiful pristine waters of the Sunshine Coast... but that is the next post...




Wishing my USA friends a wonderful Thanksgiving

I for one am thankful for the beautiful sights in this fabulous country called 'Australia'
I'm also grateful to all the lovely bloggers who leave me sweet comments
I will catch up with you all soon [still working my way through]


.... So ....


Please Remain Seated With Your Belt Firmly Clasped
The next leg of the flight will be our descent into The Sunshine Coast
I trust you will enjoy the rest of the journey




Julie b




IMAGE SOURCE:
Text, Photography & Altered Image Artwork by [Being Ruby©]
Location: 1-6: Aerial views of Sydney Skyline & Harbour


37 comments:

Julie said...

What a beautiful image!
I still remember when I first saw sydney from the plane almost 20 years ago..

julie xx

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Dear Julie, wow, what beautiful images! I've never been out in Australia, but must necessarily
Sydney must be so wonderful!
And thank you so much for your link to my giveaway!!!!!!
Have a great day,
Yvonne

Sahildeki Ev said...

Just wonderful view..I hope I can see it with my own eyes some day and hopefully soon BUT its so far away and recently I started to hate flying :((

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Julie, your photos are always so breathtakingly special and thank you for the cheers and the ride!!! MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO YOU DEAR FRIEND! ANita

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Julie,
What wonderful photographs. I particularly love the last one where you have highlighted the Opera House. I just love the aerial views one gets when flying. We had a night flight when flying back from Italy this year and I could see Venice lit up in all it's glory and London was the most magical spectacle I have ever seen. It was such a clear sky and looked like a massive spiders web. I can't wait to see the rest of your photographs and hear all about your holiday. Hope that you are feeling rested and refreshed after your time away. There's nothing like a change of scenery to make you feel good. XXXX

Ann at Rose et Lis and PlumSiena said...

How creative your soul is!
I can just see you, clicking away as everyone else is clutching their seat on the ascent.

Your prowess with your photos inspires me every time I see their results.

Looking forward to your descent!

-Ann

Splendid Sass said...

Julia,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful photographs. I am so happy you are having a good time. Keep is posted.
Have a wonderful day,
Teresa

oldgreymare said...

will be remembering you today as one of the things I am thankful for

:D

xxx z

marina said...

Julie,espléndidas fotos como siempre y ya estoy esperando las próximas para seguir sorprendiéndome
Gracias por tu visita y tus comentarios.Marina

Shane Pollard said...

Dear Julie
And... I am thankful for your lovely blog, your interesting and thought provoking posts, your amazing photography and for having you as one of my followers and blogging friends.
hugs
Shane

simon said...

great shots again Julie. I never tire of seeing that sight whenever I fly out or back. I get quite excitied.

Whilst I love other places ( paris etc etc) there is always a thrill of seeing the lights of Sydney ( especially after a long haul!)

rjerdee said...

How lovely is Sydney's harbor!!! I remember it from the Olympics by way of television. It's truly a remarkable place to spend your life.

It's been a lovely Thanksgiving Day here in the states and while the football game is playing in the living room, I've sneaked away to peak at what my blogging friends are up to on this very fine day.

I must come to Sydney someday! I'll put that on my bucket list :)

Lee said...

You make Sydney look oh so beautiful (like it is). Enjoy your time in the Sunshine State. Lee :)

Jen Beaudet said...

Hi Julie! What beautiful photos of your beautiful Sydney! I can't wait to see your next post as well. My daughter is with me right now. We went to my mom's house for Thanksgiving and we're all having a great time being with eachother. Jennifer:)

Sue said...

I love flying with you! It is one way I can see what it is like without being stuck in the plane. These look like postcards they are so perfect!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Oh Julie!
Your photographs are like none other!
Love all those blues...so dreamlike!
Thanks for your Thanksgiving wishes! I'm thankful for wonderful blogging friends like you!
:)

Patsy said...

Julie, Your photos are lovely. They leave me longing to spread my wings and fly to far away places. Today I took a day trip to the sea shore. I love the sea it is so magnificient and powerful. It is where I renew, reflect and re-energize. Nice to have you back.

The Moerks said...

Julie I truly think you should consider offering some of these images to the airline. They are superb! Enjoy your trip.

A Refocused Life said...

Julie,
Amazingly beautiful - the lovely city you left, and the shoreline you get to enjoy.
Thanks for your holiday wish - my Thanksgiving was filled with blessings. After a feast, we ended the day roasting marshmallows. R

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

WOW!! You're not a very kind person Julie to show these pictures to those of us just experiencing the first snow of the season. How am I going to get through a grey day here when I've started the morning with these stunning shots?! Maybe I should just start a visa application ....
LOVE the third photos of the sandbanks just under water - looks like a painting, and LOVE the first shot of Sydney harbour, I had no idea there were so many islands in the harbour, it's really beautiful.
Thank you
Sharon
xx

Killiecrankie Farm said...

good grief !
you should holiday often - these aerial shots are smashing !
that shot of the sand in the estuary is just gob smackingly wonderful.
I also dig the chromatics of the harbour - very 50's feel to the shots that i very much adore.

the old boathouse said...

Hey Julie, I missed you while you were holidaying...I still can,t believe you were so close to me and I didn't get to see you! You would have flown over my house no doubt, funny to think about hey. The photos are amazing. Next time you come up my way you have to promise me you will give me a heads up. Xxx. Katherine

Design Elements said...

what a magic images... So glad you love that Frida Kahlo notebook! Frida is an inspiration. Happy weekend, Julie!

June said...

Julie these images send chills down my spine! Awe-inspiring!!!
I wish I was more like you as far as flying goes. I don't care for it at all. I have never flown overseas. I have only flown to California twice, Washington DC five times, and to Florida once. That is the extent of my travel experience. So you can see why I love traveling with you. All the beauty and none of the bother. lol!
hugs to you...

Shellbelle said...

Okay, I remained seated, but with my heart firmly clasped. Extraordinary photos! After growing up on the Pacific in California, I relished the view on the "other" side. I don't know if your photos are of the Pacific Ocean or the Coral Sea, but I LOVE the wave action. That's what I grew up with and that's what I adore.

Oh Julie, my daughter is sitting on the couch and she said, "Oh, what are those pictures?" She couldn't believe you took them out of the window of the plane. I love all the little "ant" people and wish I was one of them. How I would love to go to Queensland one day and walk the shore.

More, more, more! Show me more, lol.

Thanks for Thanksgiving wishes, I ate till I couldn't eat any more.

marina said...

Julie,es maravilloso este viaje que estamos realizando contigo,por favor espero con ansias el próximo destino....
Un abrazo.Que tengas lindo día!!!Marina

Patyclau said...

Sidney looks so beautiful, yours photografs are really incredible.
Thank you Julie, I've enjoyed this post very much.

Hugs

desde my ventana said...

WOW!!! Julie, The aerial images of Sydney are wonderful!!!! it is a pleasure to be able to know your city from this point of view,
Have a nice weekend,
Hugs,
Cecilia

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY GOODNESS JULIE, Queensland is spectacular! I so wish everyone on this planet could see such views of the entire world; maybe we would all have a better VIEW of who we are...precious human beings with the same needs: breathing the air, sustaining our lives, dreaming our dreams and the need for the freedom to carry out those goals. Beautiful dearest, Anita

Splendid Sass said...

Julie,
This images are so beautiful. I love to open up the computer and see that you have posted more.
Have a wonderful day.
Teresa

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Julie ~ I discovered your beautiful blog via Rhonda at Shellbelle's Tiki Hut (via The Essential Beachcomber!). What beautiful photos you took of your flights! Just amazing! I've never been to Australia....and desperately want to some day. It's just so very beautiful! Thank you for showing me a little more of your wonderful country through your camera. :)

xoxo laurie

Drawn to The Sea said...

Absolutely divine, Julie. Looking at the water is the reason I love to fly... all the beautiful blues. The flight between Miami & Barbados is especially wonderful... watching the string of islands below, blue holes, sun dancing on the water.... nirvana.

As pretty as the harbor is, I am loving the Sunshine Coast already. Looking forward to more images & stories of your trip.

Peaceful weekend, friend.
Julia~

Design Elements said...

Julie, all images are a dream. When I look at them I feel the sea, the nature, a free spirit. Just added you to my blogroll. Happy Sunday!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dear, dear Julie,

THANK YOU FOR COMING BY as you circumnavigate the southern hemisphere!!! And your comments just touch me so...you bet, IF AND WHEN I GET DOWN THERE, I would sure love to visit with a kind and talented woman such as you and learn about this fascinating world of yours! IN the mean time dearest, your vision of the world around you enchants me and keep 'em coming with all the wonder and beauty that your eyes catch.

THANK YOU AGAIN and have a perfect week, Anita

Elisa said...

beautiful, beautiful. inspiring to see what a wonderful world we live in.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! So grateful that you share all this loveliness with us.

Victoria Sayer said...

Hi Julie.
your thoughts and thrills about flying, and taking off/landing...nose pressed to the window...I can sooooo relate to! The little child within me always finds such exhilaration in a plane trip. I have flown to Sydney and Melbourne a few times. But home is Brisbane.
Queensland's beaches are quite breathtaking. I love your shots.
Brisbane is a little wetter than usual nowadays.
And something tells me we have not seen the last of it just yet. (hope I'm wrong)