To The Moon Alice: August 2009



I hope you’ll forgive me for bombarding you with photos ‘Alla Ruby’, but can I help it if there is a Sunday, a Tuesday and a Full Moon in the same week? [!]



Normally I would source some stunning Blue image to celebrate this event, but this evening I couldn’t resist the Moon shining above me, begging to be heard.





So out I went to the balcony, hung off the side in my fluffy [flammable] dressing gown and clicked away to the bemusement, and horror of the neighbours. This is the result. The tree you see is the wicked Jacaranda that trespasses into my unit by way of it’s winter droppings. I will forgive it now [momentarily].



And as I am often apt to do, a trio of hues to amuse and bemuse.



.







[Sepia]



.



IMG_0342 3



[Original Colour]



.



IMG_0342 4 med



[Faded Sepia]



[Image Source: beingRuby]



.



.



So what havoc is this August Full Moon



Stirring up for you?



beingRUBY_thumb





Ciao Julie



.



.







Full Moon Notes:







From Farmers’ Almanac



Full Sturgeon Moon - August The fishing tribes are given credit for the naming of this Moon, since sturgeon, a large fish of the Great Lakes and other major bodies of water, were most readily caught during this month. A few tribes knew it as the Full Red Moon because, as the Moon rises, it appears reddish through any sultry haze. It was also called the Green Corn Moon or Grain Moon.



Moon was Full at 10:56am 6 August, Sydney/Melbourne.



.















Full Moon posts of ‘yore can be seen here:



To The Moon Alice’



To The Moon Alice

15 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

Can i use the full moon to explain the behaviour of the people i work with hahahaha??? xx

Joan@anythinsggoeshere said...

I am "mad" for these photos! That is what it has stirred up for me....mad "Ruby" moon photo madness. The middle shot sure show the reddish though any sultry haze...I love/am mad for the word "sultry>.

Jen Beaudet said...

Very nice photos, Ruby. I like the first sepia one. It has a great feel to it! I love the moon, it's so beautiful!

nevin said...

Strong images.. I like it, they are beautiful..

Maya said...

Such a great shot..., at first glance I mistook it for some sort of a tunnel (and the light at the end of it, ha). It draws you right in.

Unknown said...

Such incredible pictures! I love sepia tone, but I didn't know there was a faded sepia - that one is my favorite!!

:) T

erin's art and gardens said...

mmmmmmmm.........lovely shot and love the trio of hues. who cares what the neighbors think......you got the shot!

Lee said...

Absolutely stunning photos Julie. I think your passion for photography is wonderful - surely it should be a career for you ?!? Lee :)

Carole said...

I can't believe those pictures!!!! amazing. I noticed the full moon last night in the clear sky..it was gorgeous but never thought of taking a picture of it. I've tried before but it doesn't come out well. Do you use a filter?
George always calls me outside to see the full moon...he's so romantic!lol

simon said...

well- I saw this moon too and you have captured it exactly as it looked which is difficult!

I was doing the "dumb" thing defying the cold and BBqing, out on the deck and I thought..mmmnnnnn I wonder if I could take a photo of it- but sadly i do not have the skill... all of the photos turned blury...

What has the full moon done- turned some of my relatives crazy I think...

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

As beautiful as they all are, I have to say the second is my favorite!

Exquisite Accessories said...

I as only looking at the full moon with my children last night & we were saying how lovley it looked Thanks Julie ooowwwwww fancy watching Twilight Hee.
Have a great weekend :)

Oliveaux said...

The Jacaranda's always look so beautiful but I am told the little leaves from the tree next door is what has caused my gutter's to rust? You have captured the moon beautifully. Have a lovely weekend. Ax

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Ha...ha. I can just picture you hanging off the edge of your balcony in your flammable "jim-jam's" as my Scottish mum-in-law likes to call them! Hey neighbor's or not, this was a money shot; it is gorgeous. I wish I had a fraction of the photography talent that you had. The hub's likes to think he does, but..not so much D:
(bad wife).
By the way people were driving this week, the moon definitely brought out their stranger than normal behavior!
Xx happy weekend to you my friend ~ deb

Courtney said...

The moon certainly looks full of power and magic in your photograph, you did such a nice job with it. But be careful when hanging off of the balcony to take pictures!