IF IT’S TUESDAY: This must be Sydney: King St Wharf


Wednesday Edition: Although I normally share my travel photos in this series, today I thought it might be nice to show you some of the sights around the foreshores of Sydney. My home town.




Now these are not your usual foreshore shots. I had attempted to bring them into the world of black and white, but found some interesting variations on the way.




These shots were taken at King Street Wharf which is a block or two from work, so when the sun is shining and the schedule permits, this is a great place to get out and let off some steam. This is me letting off steam last week.



.




Australian Flag: Star City













Sydney Showboat II




BeingRuby - KSW - Showboat- sml -br2







King Street Wharf: No. 8-1




BeingRuby King St Wharf -a - sml







King Street Wharf: No. 8-2




BeingRuby King St Wharf -sp2 - sml




Wharf No. 8 with Overseas Passenger Terminal in background


.

Unfortunately it was back to work all too soon. Come summer this little trip is usually enhanced by cappuccino or ice cream from Lindt! Yum! The colours in these 'altered' photos remind me of just that!

.




Ciao Julie




IMAGE SOURCE: Being Ruby

17 comments:

Courtney said...

Mmmm, I'd love to eat ice cream and stroll along the wharf. Lovely photos, as always!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

What a great place to go to during a work break..., I love wharfs. There are some small ones in nearby Newport, sprinkled with restaurants, coffee shops and galleries. And I see you love Swiss chocolate too! Have you had Lindt's Lindor Truffle Balls? They're simply divine, especially the white ones.

Giulia said...

Wowsers, Julie-roo. These are superb & also remind me of our shared affection for the NSW archives. Like an homage to it, in a way.

I envy you being so close by (& don't start on the Lindt ice cream. I have a Lindt problem & haven't seen the ice cream here in DC. Uh oh.)

Please do show more of 'your' Sydney...they are marvellous.

Good Wednesday (or Thursday)!

xoSusan

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

These photographs are great, as usual, Julie.....I particularly like the last one...it looks as if it was taken in the 1920's, in your 'altered' version.....and lovely to see some of your hometown and the area in which you work. XXXX

erin's art and gardens said...

lovely photos!! and how lucky you are to have such a photogenic place near you to "let off steam". i especially love your last shot...it looks like an old post card! all the best! erin

Carole said...

I agree it looks like an old photograph. It almost looks like sepia but lighter. I love it. Seeing your hometown is a treat... now lets see some kangaroos next...just kidding!
xo,
Carole

nevin said...

Julie,

these photographs are beautiful..

Samy said...

Amazing pictures as always Julie :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos, I want to go visit!

Viera said...

Fantastic B&W photos.Perfect for framing.
X
V

beachvintage.com said...

Great photos. What is it about wharfs and strolling that go hand in hand?

Kellie Collis said...

Oh the waffles from Lindt are incredible. I do not act like a lady at Lindt ha! x

Slices of Beauty... said...

All beautiful, very well done!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Your photos always leave me in awe. You are a lucky woman living in such a fascinating, beautiful city. It is certainly on my bucket list. That list however is getting long & my life is getting shorter...ugh!

Happy weekend to you dear Julie ~
xx hugs from America
Deb

Chemin des Muguets said...

Ciao Julie,

Your black and white images are so stunning and different. So glad I found you. Anxious to see what's next.

Marjorie from Carmel-by-the-Sea

simon said...

great stuff! looks very 1920's!

My fav restaurant in Sydney is Flying Fish!!!

Dina said...

Hi Julie. I love Sydney, been there four times to be with my two little grandsons. They live in Bondi. Don't remember why Dean was wearing those funny goggles in the photo, it's from 2005.
Glad you just hopped over to Jerusalem.
Cya again soon.