To The Moon Alice: Wishing Moon












My love of Bella Luna began as a small child. Awoken by her brilliant light.. I would tiptoe to the window, draw back the curtain and gaze upon her face. This was my quiet time.. my time to dream and travel on imaginary journeys..  My time to wish upon the moon.

I'd wonder where she had been this night, what places had she seen & if I sent her my wishes, would she take me on her travels, off into the night sky, across the the aquas and blues of the endless oceans, to arrive in lands where rooftops held mystery and chimney pots magic. In my dream world, streets were paved with glistening seas and floating carriages to transport me on my journey.. Buildings were adorned with jewelled tiaras and soft swirling gowns dipping their hems in the water's edge. I'd wonder if such places could exist. Were they only products of my luna vigil? Perhaps one day I would travel. With my moon to guide me, would I meet others too, who looked upon her beauty and dreamt of wonderous lands?

As I left childhood behind Bella Luna did not forget me. She kept my wishes in her pocket and carried them with her throughout the years and across the dark night skies. Each full moon, she would visit my dreams and sprinkle some of those childhood hopes into my nightly slumber. Just a little each time.. just enough to spark a memory of that child, looking out the window, dreaming of worlds to discover. 



As fairy Tales Go..  
I did travel out into the world to find ...






























Welcome


To The Moon Alice
April 2011



This month begins my third year of posting 'To The Moon Alice' so I thought I'd provide a linky tool  and would love for you to join in and share the moon from your corner of the world.  If photography's not your thing, maybe there is something else you wish to share; art, poems, facts.. fables..  [if not your own work please credit the original artist].. That's it.. I think!! Let's just give it a go and see if there is any interest. 



But most importantly, get out there and see the full moon and


Make A Wish








PS: Giveway WILL be coming soon [promise!!]
& THANKS for the lovely comments on my last post
As you can see I'm still mad about the stripes!!









IMAGE SOURCE & CREDITS
All photography, text and artwork [beingRuby©]
Rooftops: Paris, Venice and Sans Souci Beach, Sydney














:I hope you'll join us: Please link to your post in question and provide a link back to this post .. and.. have fun!

24 comments:

michelle said...

I love your dreams Julie and I am so glad that some of them have come true. The moon, like the sea, is a constant reminder of what our hearts have held since we were children. They allow us to continue to dream, to feel that magic and to take us to places unknown.
I love this linky party and will have to see what I can find to join in! I will be back to look at more links as they come in. :)
Gorgeous gorgeous photos my dear!!

Anonymous said...

I was watching the moon this a.m. when I woke. Mesmerizing! I only wish I could capture it to share with you... but this little camera of mine just can't do it.
You created some gorgeous views from your curtained window, Julie! Love them all!
Hugs,
~ Zuzu

Jeanne Henriques said...

Julie...I thought of you last night as I looked up at the moon and wondered what you would create for a post. I love doing this every month! Just love, love, love all that you have here. You never cease to amaze me my friend :)

I added a January moon link...as dedicated to you...

Best wishes Julie

Jeanne xxx

design elements said...

Beautiful images, Julie! Paris, Venice...moon... I'll try to make a good pictures here in Germany although I'm not sure if I can make a really good shot for your blog :-) Dreamy images! Hugs

Loree said...

I will try and have something for next month's full moon. This time, it caught me a bit unawares. I love your delightful images and the way you play with your photos creating magic in each one.

beachcomber said...

beautiful julie!!! your story and pictures would make a wonderful children's book! i was thinking about you last night when i had a clear view of the moon through our palm trees, but don't have the camera to capture it.
cheryl x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest, I have been crazy busy and this morning, I slept in late! But I caught a glimpse of the moon a while back, from my upstairs loft and thought of you. The same moon we see here in the Northern Hemisphere is the same moon you ponder on. Your interpretations are magnificent and you are a true artist. No one captures LA LUNE like you...bisous Julie! Anita

beachvintage.com said...

The full moons have been captivating me too Julie. xx

June said...

Beautiful post dear Julie.
When I was a little girl, I remember I used to look up at the moon and think about all my little cousins and wonder if they were looking at the moon and thinking of me...it's been awhile since I have done that. I think I need to make that a practice again...Facebook just doesn't cut it for me. LOL!
sending hugs...

red ticking said...

love the moon... and this lovely post sweet friend... xx

Splendid Willow said...

Ho ho! I came for the moon. And I might just join your linky thing - even though I am so far behind you when it comes to creativity.

Hope all is well with you, Julie. (No, of course I have not forgotten you!).

Warm hugs,

Mon

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh julie, thank you for coming on over to:

NAVAGIO BEACH on the island of Zakynthoas. Formally called Agios Georgios, it had its name changed in 1983 due to a shipwreck of a vessel carrying illegal cigarettes!!! Never having been to Greece, I don't know where this is in relation to Santorino, but what a dream. There is another place in ITALY that I want to see called Alberobero where the buildings are white with conical roofs. IT IS MAGIC. Google images of TRULLI in Alberobero (Puglia) You will flip!!!! Anita

mermaid gallery said...

The moon is our shared path to the universe....we all can travel that far at least....but what is beyond is beyond our vision....seeing the moon full is such a wonder...always....I'll be wishing with you....I love the curtains?...they expand the mystery....

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! one day I will have to go to the beach to photograph the moon in your honor.

rjerdee said...

Oh, this is such a splendid post filled with picture windows...you never fail to amaze me with your photoshop skills...drawings, literally!

And thanks for inviting us to share in your luna-lovin' party. Wishing Moon is a good name for this month's moon... I love it that you give Luna names of your own.:) You'll start a moon craze among your readers now with this party because I have a feeling it's going to catch on!

Beatnheart said...

Beautiful!!! how did ya get those canopy garland thingys in the pic? magic!

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Oh julie
I'm so disappointed, I wanted to link up but wasn't able to take a pic of la bella luna last night. I so hope you'll do this again next month so I can try again, your photos are stunning as always
Sharon
xx

Shellbelle said...

Oh dear Julie, thanks for taking all of us along on the moonlit journey of your dreams. Always fun to be along for the ride with my friends.

Wonderful images, so perfect for this post!

Hugs to you my Bella Luna dreamer.

Sue said...

I love what you did with the photos...so pretty. I have always loved the moon, but I really think that knowing you has made me appreciate it more...thank you for that!

Sharon said...

Hello Julie, Bella Luna - so perfect! I am also someone who adores the moon. Any phase, any season, anywhere! It's mystical, magical & hauntingly beautiful. I have recently found your blog & have wanted to say hello. Now is the perfect time! I get to say hi & share one of my paintings of Bella Luna. What a beautiful post & such a great idea. Thank you.

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

Love this post beautiful moon!!! I need to get out a take some shots of the moon and join in!! I am cursing the clouds tonight!!! xx

Angie Muresan said...

Julie, your words and photos give me goosebumps. I love this post. I love the glimpse into the you of your childhood. Sending you a ton of love and the warmest hugs.
Happy Easter!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

What beautiful images you have left me as I head off to bed. Lovely prose, lovely art, and a kindred spirit in love of the moon.

Enjoyed my visit.

Millie said...

Sunshine & moonbeams - 2 of my absolute favourite things! What a truly exquisite post Julie.
Millie x